- This event has passed.
St. Croix Youth Summit
April 22, 2021 @ 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM
One Watershed, One World
Inspiring the next generation of environmental leaders
Mark your calendars—the annual St. Croix Youth Summit will take place virtually on Earth Day, Thursday, April 22, 2021!
This dynamic conference is for middle and high school students who want to learn about the environmental issues and challenges facing the St. Croix River watershed and take action to make a difference.
Registration is OPEN
Register by April 9 for the chance to win an Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Kit for your classroom!
There are two ways to register your class:
Option One: Teachers can register as one attendee, and the whole class can tune in together through your classroom projection system.
Option Two: Students can register individually, tuning in on their own devices.
Please Note: Each registrant will need to create a Hopin account with their email and chosen password. Students that register individually and tune in on their own device will have greater flexibility and control over choosing different workshop sessions from their peers.
CLICK TO VIEW THE CONFERENCE FLYER AND SCHEDULE
Attendees will learn about:
- The incredible ecology of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, the first Wild and Scenic River National Park.
- The origin of Earth Day and its founder, former Wisconsin Senator Gaylord Nelson.
- Inspiring stories of youth advocates and what you can do to take action in protecting our environment, both locally and globally.
- Invasive species in our region and their impact on native habitat.
- Macroinvertebrates and what they tell us about water quality.
- …and more!
The St. Croix Youth Summit is brought to you by the St. Croix River Association in partnership with the National Park Service St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, St. Croix County, University of Wisconsin Extension, and local student advocates.
When: Thursday, April 22, 2021 from 8:30 AM-2:00 PM
Where: Virtual (with multiple interactive workshops)
Who: Middle School and High School students
Costs: Free for students!
$25 per adult
Questions about program details, participation, and registration? Contact Monica Zachay at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nicole Biagi at email@example.com.